Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 13, 2014
Christopher Walken Tells Jon Stewart About Tap Dance Cops ... Again
Originally published on Fri June 13, 2014 10:44 am
On Thursday night, Christopher Walken told Jon Stewart that he's from Queens, and where he grew up, it's common for police officers to send their kids to tap school. You'll hear the story at the 5:40 mark.
This story sounded awfully familiar, despite how shocked and delighted Jon Stewart seemed. Stewart, in fact, responded like he was hearing it for the very first time, even though ... well. Head to the 2:00 mark.
It just goes to show you: you don't have to have new anecdotes every time. You just have to leave enough space between the tellings, and it's like the story is brand new.
And, of course, when a guy tells you a story you've already heard, you either have to have actually forgotten the last time you heard it, or you have to pretend you did. That's what makes a professional host.