Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Weather with Cliff Mass
Cliff Mass is out to popularize the science of weather forecasting
Cliff Mass, a professor of atmospheric sciences at the University of Washington and KPLU’s new weather commentator, says it was Carl Sagan who first inspired him to get out into the public to popularize the science behind weather forecasting.
“I was an undergraduate at Cornell and in those days he was really into popularizing science. He was on the Tonight Show, and he was writing very popular books and a lot of that rubbed off,” Mass told KPLU.
Check out the video above for our complete interview with Cliff Mass.