Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri November 15, 2013
Co-Founder of Dave's Killer Bread Arrested in Oregon
The co-founder of Dave’s Killer Bread was arrested Thursday after allegedly injuring three deputies in Milwaukie, Oregon.
A friend of David Dahl called Washington County sheriff’s deputies around 10 p.m. and said Dahl was acting erratically. When deputies arrived, Dahl rammed a patrol car head-on. Dahl then rammed a second patrol car head-on, deputies said, and was pinned by a third patrol car before he was taken into custody. Deputies said because Dahl refused arrest, they were forced to use a stun gun.
Dahl was tested for his blood-alcohol content, but the results proved negligible. He was booked into jail and held on $290,000 bail.
Three deputies were taken to the hospital to be examined. All were treated and released.
Dave's Killer Bread labels carry a statement from Dahl, calling himself a "four-time loser" who made good after 15 years in prison.