Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Coast Guard investigating collision off Washington coast
The Coast Guard has declared the fatal collision of two fishing boats off the Washington coast a "serious marine incident" and an investigation is under way.
Petty Officer Nathan Bradshaw in Seattle says it's a joint investigation with Canada into how the 90-foot Viking Storm out of Vancouver, British Columbia, collided with the 40-foot Maverick, homeport Seattle.
It happened Friday morning about 30 miles off La Push, and the Maverick sank. Three of the four people aboard were rescued by the Viking Storm and transferred ashore by the Coast Guard in good condition.
The search for the missing man was called off Saturday. The lost crewman, 32-year-old Kelly Dickerson, is presumed dead. His father, 66-year-old Darby Dickerson of Port Angeles was captain of the boat.