Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
520 floating bridge
Fri June 28, 2013
Construction vessel may have harmed 520 floating bridge
A construction vessel working on a new Highway 520 floating bridge on Lake Washington at Seattle may be responsible damaging an anchor cable on the existing bridge.
The Transportation Department says the area around the bridge is restricted, except for construction vessels.
The damage was discovered Tuesday and divers are working on repairs expected to cost $200,000.
The department is trying to identify the vessel responsible for the damage.