Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
520 floating bridge
Fri June 28, 2013
Construction vessel may have harmed 520 floating bridge
A construction vessel working on a new Highway 520 floating bridge on Lake Washington at Seattle may be responsible damaging an anchor cable on the existing bridge.
The Transportation Department says the area around the bridge is restricted, except for construction vessels.
The damage was discovered Tuesday and divers are working on repairs expected to cost $200,000.
The department is trying to identify the vessel responsible for the damage.