Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
520 floating bridge
Construction vessel may have harmed 520 floating bridge
A construction vessel working on a new Highway 520 floating bridge on Lake Washington at Seattle may be responsible damaging an anchor cable on the existing bridge.
The Transportation Department says the area around the bridge is restricted, except for construction vessels.
The damage was discovered Tuesday and divers are working on repairs expected to cost $200,000.
The department is trying to identify the vessel responsible for the damage.