Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
The Cookers: Bebop supergroup
If we were to make a list of all the recording and composing credits of the members of The Cookers, it would go on for many pages.
This is an amazing collection of jazz musicians—Billy Hart (drums), Cecil McBee (bass), Eddie Henderson (trumpet), David Weiss (trumpet), Billy Harper (sax) and George Cables (piano).
Individually, they’ve been at the core of the post-bop jazz scene for decades. As a group, they’ve been thrilling audiences around the world for the past 5 years.
On a recent swing through Seattle, they set up shop in the KPLU performance studio and tried to blow the walls out of the place with 3 original compositions, Capr Black, Peace Maker and Croquet Ballet.
No question: these guys live up to their name.