Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Thu December 22, 2011
Cops: Drunk tried driving hurt deer to NY hospital
GREECE, N.Y. — Police say a drunken New York man struck a deer with his vehicle, then tried driving the injured animal to a nearby hospital — for humans.
Police say 29-year-old Andrew Caswell hit the deer early Monday in the suburban Rochester town of Greece. They say Caswell and three companions argued over what to do with it before Caswell decided the deer needed to go to the hospital.
An officer who pulled the car over discovered the deer was in the vehicle's trunk and had died.
Police say Caswell's blood-alcohol level was .16, twice the legal limit. Caswell's phone number couldn't be located Thursday.
Police Chief Todd Baxter tells the Democrat and Chronicle that while trying to save the deer was commendable, "driving while intoxicated will not be tolerated."