Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Thu April 5, 2012
Crash snarls I-5 traffic for miles
A multiple-vehicle collision involving a semi has closed all four southbound lanes of Interstate 5 in downtown Seattle, causing an eight-mile backup.
The accident was reported at 2:14 p.m. on Thursday.
Washington state Trooper Julie Startup said it appears a semi and a passenger car both rolled over, and other vehicles were damaged in collisions that may have followed the initial accident. There were no immediate reports of serious injuries.