Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Diamond ring dropped in Spokane Salvation Army kettle
SPOKANE, Wash. — An anonymous donor dropped a diamond ring wrapped in a dollar bill in a Salvation Army red kettle in the Spokane area.
The ring is valued at $5,000.
KREM reports volunteers also found a silver coin worth about $30 wrapped in a note. The note read, "I've saved this ounce of silver for twenty years. I'm unemployed for 13 months. My house is in foreclosure. I'm filing for bankruptcy, and at 61 my retirement is shot, but I still know there are families in worse shape."