Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Dmitri Matheny Valentine's Day concert on Jazz Northwest on February 24
Flugelhorn player Dmitri Matheny was in Seattle for a Valentine's Day concert at The Seattle Art Museum. The concert was recorded for Jazz Northwest and this week's episode will showcase some of the highlights.
Dmitri Matheny was a student of the late Art Farmer, one of the most highly regarded musicians to play the instrument. Joined by a former Seattle resident, Nick Manson on piano, with Chris Higgins, bass and Robert Rushing, drums, the quartet played a mix of standards, ballads and originals for an appreciative crowd.
The Art of Jazz Series is presented by Earshot Jazz on the second Thursday of each month from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. The next concert in the free series will feature flutist Bernie Jacobs Quartet on March 14. Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU and airs Sundays at 2 PM. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast.
For more information: