Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 30, 2011
Downtown shoppers will see JC Penny after 30-year hiatus
It’s been almost 30 years but JC Penny is making a comeback. The Seattle Times reports the clothing-store chain is planning to set up shop just one block from where the original store once stood.
The new location will be in the three-story Kress building at Third Avenue and Pike Street.
County records indicate the store’s footprint will be much smaller than those usually seen in suburban shopping centers. And that’s part of new design plans for urban centers.
Stores like Target – also coming soon to downtown Seattle – are opting for smaller, stores in more densely populated areas.