Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Downtown shoppers will see JC Penny after 30-year hiatus
It’s been almost 30 years but JC Penny is making a comeback. The Seattle Times reports the clothing-store chain is planning to set up shop just one block from where the original store once stood.
The new location will be in the three-story Kress building at Third Avenue and Pike Street.
County records indicate the store’s footprint will be much smaller than those usually seen in suburban shopping centers. And that’s part of new design plans for urban centers.
Stores like Target – also coming soon to downtown Seattle – are opting for smaller, stores in more densely populated areas.