Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
'Drive-by tomato' attacks on Democrats' buildings in Washington
VANCOUVER, Wash. — Clark County supporters of President Barack Obama and Democrats have been getting tomatoes thrown at them.
The Columbian reports the Vancouver Education Association saw its third episode of a tomato attack on Monday. Vancouver Education Association president Courtney Eyer says police think the suspect is a man who rides a bicycle and has been throwing tomatoes at buildings where campaign signs for President Barack Obama have been posted.
Earlier this month, someone distributed a letter in the Minnehaha that stated a few people threw tomatoes on the roof of a neighborhood home that had an Obama sign in the yard. Republicans have also seen their share of vandalism.
Clark County GOP Chairwoman Stephanie McClintock says someone threw rocks through a glass door and windows at the county Republican headquarters in Hazel Dell last week.