Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed March 27, 2013
Easter Peep show draws hundreds
There are Peeps diorama contests held all across the nation, not least of which is that sponsored by the Seattle Times. Here, take a look. This year's contest attracted hundreds of entries. As Nancy pointed out, it's perfectly possible that these Peepsle have too much time on their hands. Some fun, huh?
Peeps are not just for Easter anymore. There's Halloween Peeps, Christmas, even Valentine's Day versions. Whether or not you're interested in actually eating something which lists carnauba wax as an ingredient is not the point anymore. We're talkin' art here!
"On average, 5.5 million peeps are born each day."
-- The Peeps Peeple