Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Pacific Lutheran University
Wed November 17, 2010
Electrical fire temporarily closes PLU building
Update - Thursday, Nov. 18th, 4:30 pm
This update from PLU Communications:
The Pierce County Fire Marshal has ruled that yesterday's small fire in the Morken Center was accidental. It was caused by a faultycontroller in a heating and air conditioning unit.
An electrical fire has closed down a Pacific Lutheran University building for the remainder of the day. Classes in the Morken Center for Learning & Technology were canceled after the small blaze erupted this morning in a computer center air conditioner. No one was injured.
Central Pierce Fire & Rescue extinguished the blaze. It sent smoke through the building, according to a university-wide email. The Morken Center is located on PLU's lower campus area.
The LEED certified building serves as a communications hub, classroom and academic office facility.