Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
News & Music Contributors
Pacific Lutheran University
Wed November 17, 2010
Electrical fire temporarily closes PLU building
Update - Thursday, Nov. 18th, 4:30 pm
This update from PLU Communications:
The Pierce County Fire Marshal has ruled that yesterday's small fire in the Morken Center was accidental. It was caused by a faultycontroller in a heating and air conditioning unit.
An electrical fire has closed down a Pacific Lutheran University building for the remainder of the day. Classes in the Morken Center for Learning & Technology were canceled after the small blaze erupted this morning in a computer center air conditioner. No one was injured.
Central Pierce Fire & Rescue extinguished the blaze. It sent smoke through the building, according to a university-wide email. The Morken Center is located on PLU's lower campus area.
The LEED certified building serves as a communications hub, classroom and academic office facility.