Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
News & Music Contributors
You might notice
Fri July 15, 2011
Emergency drill today at Sea-Tac Airport
The Port of Seattle plans an elaborate emergency drill for Seattle-Tacoma International Airport today but officials stress it is only a drill and will not affect any regular air travel.
The exercise will simulate two separate fictional scenarios — including a flight that is seized by a hostage taker and a mass injury situation. Dozens of King County-area police and fire agencies are expected to participate.
KOMO says the westernmost runway will be closed during the exercise. The other two runways will be open as normal.
The drill is set to begin at 6 a.m. and last through at least noon.