Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 21, 2012
Everett man arrested in fatal parrot stabbing
EVERETT, Wash. — An Everett man has been arrested for allegedly stabbing his girlfriend's parrot to death with a serving fork.
The Daily Herald reports court documents show police found the parrot's body and the fork at the couple's home after the girlfriend called 911. The woman reportedly told police that the man had been upset with her about a plan to have dinner with friends.
She says she went to the store, and returned to find the house trashed and the parrot dead on the floor, apparently from a stabbing. Officers reportedly found bloody footprints leading into the bathroom, where evidence indicated that someone apparently had cleaned and bandaged wounds.
The man was found asleep in a downstairs bedroom.
Seattle police department