Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Tue August 21, 2012
Everett man arrested in fatal parrot stabbing
EVERETT, Wash. — An Everett man has been arrested for allegedly stabbing his girlfriend's parrot to death with a serving fork.
The Daily Herald reports court documents show police found the parrot's body and the fork at the couple's home after the girlfriend called 911. The woman reportedly told police that the man had been upset with her about a plan to have dinner with friends.
She says she went to the store, and returned to find the house trashed and the parrot dead on the floor, apparently from a stabbing. Officers reportedly found bloody footprints leading into the bathroom, where evidence indicated that someone apparently had cleaned and bandaged wounds.
The man was found asleep in a downstairs bedroom.
Seattle police department