Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 16, 2012
Fallen tree blocks highway at Lake Forest Park
LAKE FOREST PARK, Wash. — The state Transportation Department says crews hope to reopen Highway 522 at Lake Forest Park late Thursday morning.
Workers are removing a large tree that fell across the highway about 3 a.m. and also brought down power lines.
Seattle City Light said more than 4,500 customers in Lake Forest Park and Shoreline lost power.
Highway 522 is a major Seattle commuter route around the north end of Lake Washington. Traffic was detoured to Ballinger Way and NE 145th Street.