Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Fallen tree blocks highway at Lake Forest Park
LAKE FOREST PARK, Wash. — The state Transportation Department says crews hope to reopen Highway 522 at Lake Forest Park late Thursday morning.
Workers are removing a large tree that fell across the highway about 3 a.m. and also brought down power lines.
Seattle City Light said more than 4,500 customers in Lake Forest Park and Shoreline lost power.
Highway 522 is a major Seattle commuter route around the north end of Lake Washington. Traffic was detoured to Ballinger Way and NE 145th Street.