Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Family members relay reports from kids about CT shooting
NEWTOWN, Conn. — Family members are relaying what children told them about the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Stephen Delgiadice says his 8-year-old daughter heard two big bangs and teachers told her to get in a corner.
His daughter is fine.
He says the shooting is alarming because his family always considered Newtown to be the safest place in America.
Seventeen-year-old Mergim Bajraliu heard the gunshots echo from his home and raced to check on his 9-year-old sister at the school. He says his sister heard a scream come over the intercom at one point. And he says teachers were shaking and crying as they came out of the building.