Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Family of wounded Bremerton girl hires lawyer
BREMERTON, Wash. — The family of an 8-year-old Bremerton girl wounded in a classroom shooting has hired a lawyer to determine who is at fault.
Attorney Jeffery M. Campiche told a Seattle news conference Thursday the family of Amina Bowman is considering a lawsuit.
The girl's father, John Bowman, said no family should have to go through what it's going through. He says Amina has a high temperature and is heavily sedated in the intensive care unit at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
She has had five surgeries since the Feb. 22 shooting at Armin Jahr Elementary School.
The .45-caliber handgun fired accidentally from the backpack of a 9-year-old boy. He free on bail while facing weapon and assault charges. The Kitsap County prosecutor hopes he'll be sentenced to probation and treatment.