Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Ferris wheel to spin on Seattle waterfront
Construction began Tuesday on a Ferris wheel that will sit on the end of a pier on the Seattle waterfront.
It will stand 175 high and have 42 gondolas, which will have heating and air conditioning. The wheel will extend 40 feet from the end of Pier 57, so riders on that side will be suspended over Elliott Bay.
Developer Hal Griffith told KING-TV the Ferris wheel should be spinning this June.