Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Wed April 4, 2012
Ferris wheel to spin on Seattle waterfront
Construction began Tuesday on a Ferris wheel that will sit on the end of a pier on the Seattle waterfront.
It will stand 175 high and have 42 gondolas, which will have heating and air conditioning. The wheel will extend 40 feet from the end of Pier 57, so riders on that side will be suspended over Elliott Bay.
Developer Hal Griffith told KING-TV the Ferris wheel should be spinning this June.