Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Fire bomb fails to go off at Seattle bank's ATM
Seattle police are checking surveillance video and banking records Friday in an attempt to find the person who left a firebomb under an ATM inside a Chase bank foyer.
The firebomb, which never ignited, was discovered by a couple at the cash machine. Ericson Gonzales told TV and radio reporters at the scene the device had two clear bottles, a lighter in the middle and was wrapped in tape and wires.
Gonzales flagged down an officer and police responded at about 6:30 a.m. to what was initially described as a suspicious package. Police say a bomb squad used a robot to render the device safe.
Police say there are no leads yet in the case.