Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 22, 2013
Fire Near Leavenworth 10 Percent Contained
A wildfire burning near Leavenworth is about 10 percent contained, but firefighters are keeping a wary eye on temperatures expected to climb into the 90s.
The Eagle fire covers 1,186 acres and is located about 5 miles northwest of the Bavarian-themed village of Leavenworth.
Fire spokeswoman Robin DeMario said Thursday that about 30 homes remain under mandatory evacuation notices.
She says the fire has not burned any homes.
Fire crews used helicopters to drop water on the fire on Wednesday and made progress in containing the blaze.
DeMario says the hot and dry conditions forecast for Thursday could produce an increase in fire activity.