Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
First cruise ship of the season arrives in Seattle
The cruise season has begun in Seattle with Friday morning's arrival of the Crystal Symphony.
The ship operated by Crystal Cruises can carry more than 900 passengers and has a crew of more than 500.
It's the first of 195 port calls this summer at two terminals on the Seattle waterfront.
The Port of Seattle says the ships will bring more than 800,000 passengers through the city, boosting the local economy. The port says cruise ships generate more than 4,400 jobs and $425 million in annual business revenue.
Other lines offering Alaska cruises through Seattle are:
- Holland America
- Royal Caribbean.
Disney ships join the lineup next year.
The Port of Seattle’s website has details on cruises from Seattle, with sailing schedules and links to cruise lines.