Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Mount Rainier killing
Flags lower Tuesday for Mount Rainier ranger
SPOKANE, Wash. — Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has directed that flags at state buildings fly at half-staff Tuesday in memory of the ranger shot to death on New Year's Day at Mount Rainier National Park.
The public memorial service for Margaret Anderson is scheduled Tuesday at 1 p.m. at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma.
The 34-year-old mother of two was married to another Mount Rainier park ranger and lived at Eatonville.