Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Sun March 16, 2014
Florida Is No. 1 Seed For NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament
Originally published on Mon March 17, 2014 5:24 am
Florida's 26-game winning streak vaulted it to the top as the No. 1 seed in the South and the No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Men's basketball tournament.
The starting brackets were announced on Sunday, with Virginia, Wichita State and Arizona landing as the No. 1 seeds in the East, Midwest and West.
You can see the full matchups here.
The tournament gets started on Tuesday with the First Four vying for shot at the second round. On Tuesday, Albany will face St. Mary for a shot at Florida, while North Carolina State will play Xavier, the winner of that game will play St. Louis.
On Wednesday, Cal Poly plays Texas Southern to take on No. 1 seeded Wichita State, and Iowa plays Tennessee for a chance to take on Massachusetts.
The Final Four starts on April 5 in Arlington, Texas.