Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 23, 2012
Former ambassador Ryan Crocker arrested for DUI in Wash.
SPOKANE – Former U.S. ambassador Ryan Crocker is facing hit-and-run and intoxicated driving charges in Washington state.
Washington State Patrol Trooper Troy Briggs said the 63-year-old Spokane native was arrested on Aug. 14 in Spokane Valley. Briggs said he did not immediately have further information.
KXLY-TV reports that Crocker struck another car while driving a 2009 Ford Mustang convertible. The station cited the ticket from the arrest, which did not specify his blood-alcohol level.
Crocker pleaded not guilty in court the next day. His lawyer, Julie Twyford, did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press on Thursday.
Crocker retired last month after serving as ambassador to Afghanistan. He previously served as ambassador to Iraq under President George W. Bush.
Threatening the president