Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Free healthcare clinic at Tacoma Dome Saturday
More than 1,000 uninsured people are expected to receive medical care in Tacoma on Saturday.
It's the first large-scale free-clinic event in Washington state, which has about 850,000 uninsured residents. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Tacoma Dome. It's sponsored by the National Association of Free Clinics and the Washington Free Clinic Association.
Because walk-in slots are limited, people are strongly encouraged to call ahead for appointments. To reserve a spot, call 1-877-233-5159 between the hours of 5 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Volunteers for all positions are still needed, especially doctors and nurse practitioners.