Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Fri February 18, 2011
Free Spay Day in Seattle
February 22 is the 17th annual "Spay Day", and you can get your pet spayed or neutered for free at the Seattle Animal Shelter's Spay and Neuter Clinic. The free offer is good for licensed Seattle pets scheduled for surgery at the clinic February 22, 23, 24, 25, or 28. It includes vaccinations and a microchip and is valued between $135 and $195. The appointment number is 386-4260. If your pet doesn't have a license, you can buy it on the day of the surgery.
The free spay/neuter packages are made possible by the bequest of a pet owner on behalf of her surviving companion animal, a female cocker-spaniel named Onyx, pictured above.
The Seattle Animal Shelter also provides financial assistance for spay/neuter operations year-round through its Pet Population Control Fund.