Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
The Friday beer: Alaskan Brewing's Winter Ale
If anyone knows how to brew a winter beer it should be a brewery in Alaska. The Alaskan Winter Ale is a fine example of this seasonal style of beer – maltier, a higher ABV, something to help battle the cold days and long nights.
This beer's malty character is not too sweet and is complemented by a hint of fruit and spruce making it a perfect ale to settle down next to a cozy fire, which is exactly how I enjoyed this ale, next to a fire on a cool Seattle evening.
- Brewery: Alaskan Brewing Company
- Consumed at: La Luna Seattle
- Alcohol by volume: 6.4%
- Description: Seasonal winter warmer
Do you find yourself drinking different styles of beer during different seasons? What brews are you reaching for as we transition from fall into winter?