Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
Fri March 30, 2012
The Friday beer: American Brewing’s Breakaway IPA
American Brewing Co., out of Edmonds, Wash., is a relatively new brewery on the Pacific Northwest craft beer scene. Started in early 2011, they offer a solid line up including a blonde, stout, brown, scotch ale, winter seasonal and the very nice Breakaway IPA.
I’m seeing this dry hopped IPA with a wonderful hoppy, floral aroma in many pubs around Seattle. I find it to be one of the most enjoyable IPAs I’ve had in quite awhile.
- Brewery: American Brewing Co.
- ABV: 7.2%
- Description: Northwest IPA
What are some of the recently opened breweries in your area? I’d love to hear about what is new and worth trying.
“NW Craft Brews” is a new weekly Web feature published Fridays here at KPLU.org. Let us know what your favorite beer is right now, either here or on our Facebook page. Cheers!