Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
Fri February 10, 2012
The Friday Beer: Big Time Brewery’s Whiny the Complainer
A few weeks ago we had a post about Russian River's Pliny the Elder and if you investigated the brewery you may have learned about their very limited release of Pliny the Younger. The Younger is a super hopped up version of an already hoppy beer.
Only a small amount of the Younger is brewed each year and it is yearned for by hop heads everywhere. But, it's a small batch brew and only a lucky few actually get a taste before it's all gone … and then people complain about not getting any. They kvetch that it never made it to their city or how the keg was finished in an hour.
Hence Big Time Brewery came up with its response to that unmet desire: The super hoppy Whiny the Complainer.
Brewed with seven hop varieties this is an intensely bitter beer… just the kind I like. Served in 10 ounce snifter this is Big Time’s 2,300th batch of beer to be brewed since opening in 1988.
Naming beer is an art and Whiny the Complainer is one of the funnier one's I've run across. What about you? What are some of the more uniquely named beers you've had a chance to try?
Whiny the Complainer
“NW Craft Brews” is a new weekly Web feature published Fridays here at KPLU.org. Let us know what your favorite beer is right now, either here or on our Facebook page. Cheers!