Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
Fri November 4, 2011
The Friday beer: Deschutes Brewery's Hop Trip
Fresh hop beers are a big trend with micro breweries right now. That extra dose of wet hops adds a wonderful herbal, grassy aroma and taste that is worth seeking out.
The Hop Trip is clean, resiny and bright and can be found in select bars right now, though as always unique drafts are here one day and gone the next.
- Hop Trip Brewery: Deschutes Brewery
- Consumed at: Brave Horse Tavern
- Alcohol by volume: 5.4%
- Description: Fresh hop pale ale featuring an excellent blend of hops, citrus and herbs.
Have you tried a fresh hop beer? Let us know what you've found and what you think about these beers that take advantage of the harvest season.
On the Web:
- About hops
- NY Times: A Hop and a Sip to Fresh Ales
- Seattlepi.com: Deschutes “Hop Trip”: Short Trip to a Delicious Destination!!