Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
The Friday beer: Deschutes Brewery's Hop Trip
Fresh hop beers are a big trend with micro breweries right now. That extra dose of wet hops adds a wonderful herbal, grassy aroma and taste that is worth seeking out.
The Hop Trip is clean, resiny and bright and can be found in select bars right now, though as always unique drafts are here one day and gone the next.
- Hop Trip Brewery: Deschutes Brewery
- Consumed at: Brave Horse Tavern
- Alcohol by volume: 5.4%
- Description: Fresh hop pale ale featuring an excellent blend of hops, citrus and herbs.
Have you tried a fresh hop beer? Let us know what you've found and what you think about these beers that take advantage of the harvest season.
On the Web:
- About hops
- NY Times: A Hop and a Sip to Fresh Ales
- Seattlepi.com: Deschutes “Hop Trip”: Short Trip to a Delicious Destination!!