Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
Fri November 4, 2011
The Friday beer: Deschutes Brewery's Hop Trip
Fresh hop beers are a big trend with micro breweries right now. That extra dose of wet hops adds a wonderful herbal, grassy aroma and taste that is worth seeking out.
The Hop Trip is clean, resiny and bright and can be found in select bars right now, though as always unique drafts are here one day and gone the next.
- Hop Trip Brewery: Deschutes Brewery
- Consumed at: Brave Horse Tavern
- Alcohol by volume: 5.4%
- Description: Fresh hop pale ale featuring an excellent blend of hops, citrus and herbs.
Have you tried a fresh hop beer? Let us know what you've found and what you think about these beers that take advantage of the harvest season.
On the Web:
- About hops
- NY Times: A Hop and a Sip to Fresh Ales
- Seattlepi.com: Deschutes “Hop Trip”: Short Trip to a Delicious Destination!!