Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
The Friday beer: Double Mountain’s India Red Ale
Winter has finally come down from the mountains here in the Pacific Northwest and has been pounding the lowlands with snow, freezing rain and wind. It's times like this when you ask yourself what type of beer goes with a power outage. The correct answer of course is any beer.
But really, in this part of the country we don't have to settle on just any beer. Hopefully you've stocked up on some good food and locally crafted beers to weather the storm.
A fine example of a beer that can help ease the winter pains is the Double Mountain India Red Ale. This ruby red IPA from Hood River, Ore., delivers a nice floral aroma and a fresh citrusy hop flavor. It's a little something to help you forget about that sidewalk that needs shoveling and bring thoughts of the springtime flowers we'll see in a few months.
How are you coping with this winter storm? What beers do you like to keep in your emergency kit?
- Brewery: Double Mountain Brewery
- Consumed at: Brave Horse Tavern
- ABV: 6.5%
- Description: American IPA