Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
NW Craft Brews
The Friday beer: Pike Brewing's Monk's Uncle Tripel Ale
Beer is a wonderful thing. Through taste and aroma, beer brings you flavors from around the globe. As the art of beer making has spread around that same globe, you can now find beer styles traditional to other countries made right here in our own backyard.
You can find Kölsch style beers, Doppelbock beers, Scottish ales, English browns, Vienna lagers and on and on.
The Pike Brewing Company transports our palate to Belgium with their Monk's Uncle Tripel Ale. It’s malty, spicy and a little sweet like many Belgian beers. However, Pike gives it a Northwestern twist and allows a small bitter hop profile to come through.
If you happen to be visiting Seattle and you’re down near the Pike Place Market be sure to give yourself a bit of time to stop by the brewery and give their Monk’s Uncle a try.
Czech Pilsener? American IPA? German Weizenbock? Where are you hoping to take your taste buds this weekend?
“NW Craft Brews” is a new weekly Web feature published Fridays here at KPLU.org. Let us know what your favorite beer is right now, either here or on our Facebook page. Cheers!