Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sat April 6, 2013
Frozen food recalled because of E. coli outbreak
The state Department of Health is warning people about a recall of frozen food related to a national outbreak of E. coli.
That outbreak has sickened 27 people from 15 states, including a Pierce County woman in her 20s.
The frozen products in the recall come from Farm Rich, Market Day and Schwan's brands. State officials say the food was distributed throughout Washington. It includes a variety of frozen snacks.
E. coli can make people very sick and is sometime life threatening. Washington health officials encourage people to visit the U.S. Department of Agriculture's website for a full list of the food being recalled.