Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
News & Music Contributors
Sat April 6, 2013
Frozen food recalled because of E. coli outbreak
The state Department of Health is warning people about a recall of frozen food related to a national outbreak of E. coli.
That outbreak has sickened 27 people from 15 states, including a Pierce County woman in her 20s.
The frozen products in the recall come from Farm Rich, Market Day and Schwan's brands. State officials say the food was distributed throughout Washington. It includes a variety of frozen snacks.
E. coli can make people very sick and is sometime life threatening. Washington health officials encourage people to visit the U.S. Department of Agriculture's website for a full list of the food being recalled.