Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Gates Foundation HQ in Seattle the greenest
SEATTLE — The Gates Foundation says its headquarters campus in Seattle has been certified at the highest level of green buildings.
It says it's the largest nonprofit building in the world to achieve the Platinum certification for new construction in the Leadership in Energy and Environment Design program.
Green features include a solar energy system on the roof that provides more than a third of the hot water used and a 750,000 gallon water storage tank used in the cooling system.