Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Thu October 6, 2011
Gates Foundation HQ in Seattle the greenest
SEATTLE — The Gates Foundation says its headquarters campus in Seattle has been certified at the highest level of green buildings.
It says it's the largest nonprofit building in the world to achieve the Platinum certification for new construction in the Leadership in Energy and Environment Design program.
Green features include a solar energy system on the roof that provides more than a third of the hot water used and a 750,000 gallon water storage tank used in the cooling system.