Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Get 8 tickets to ride when you renew your car tabs in King County
The Metropolitan King County Council approved a two-year incentive program providing eight free bus tickets to drivers renewing car tabs.
Councilmember Larry Phillips, chair of the Transportation, Environment and Economy Committee explained the benefits of taking public transportation over driving a car.
“With the rising cost of gasoline, the use of these Metro Transit vouchers can offer riders significant savings over the cost of fuel for driving their own cars,” Councilmember Kathy Lambert said in a press release.
Starting in June 2012 the public transportation incentive program will start issuing Metro bus vouchers to individuals renewing their vehicle license tabs.