Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Sat April 14, 2012
Get 8 tickets to ride when you renew your car tabs in King County
The Metropolitan King County Council approved a two-year incentive program providing eight free bus tickets to drivers renewing car tabs.
Councilmember Larry Phillips, chair of the Transportation, Environment and Economy Committee explained the benefits of taking public transportation over driving a car.
“With the rising cost of gasoline, the use of these Metro Transit vouchers can offer riders significant savings over the cost of fuel for driving their own cars,” Councilmember Kathy Lambert said in a press release.
Starting in June 2012 the public transportation incentive program will start issuing Metro bus vouchers to individuals renewing their vehicle license tabs.