Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Giving really, really big at Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG Challenge
How long would you guess it takes to raise more than $4 million dollars for charity? In King County, give it 17 hours. That’s how long it took The Seattle Foundation to raise more than 18,000 donations in its one-day GiveBIG Challenge.
In all, the fundraising group brought in more than $3.5 million in donations. The other $500,000 came from the charity’s partner organizations.
The newly raised funds will go to a number of local non-profit groups including:
- Seattle Public Library Foundation
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest
- 5th Avenue Theatre Association
- Tennis Outreach Programs