Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 24, 2011
Giving really, really big at Seattle Foundation's GiveBIG Challenge
How long would you guess it takes to raise more than $4 million dollars for charity? In King County, give it 17 hours. That’s how long it took The Seattle Foundation to raise more than 18,000 donations in its one-day GiveBIG Challenge.
In all, the fundraising group brought in more than $3.5 million in donations. The other $500,000 came from the charity’s partner organizations.
The newly raised funds will go to a number of local non-profit groups including:
- Seattle Public Library Foundation
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest
- 5th Avenue Theatre Association
- Tennis Outreach Programs