Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Record Bin Roulette
Thu June 16, 2011
The good, the bad on Father's Day
For Father's Day we put together an episode of Good Dads and Bad Dads...you be the judge.
Here are some ponderables for Dad's Day...
I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection - Sigmund Freud
A father carries pictures where his money used to be - Unknown
Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a rope - Bill Cosby
Father I cannot lie. I did it with my little hatchet - George Washington
A father is a banker provided by nature - French Proverb
To be a successful father, there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years - Ernest Hemingway
My father only hit me once – but he used a Volvo - Bob Monkhouse
There are three stages of a man’s life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus - Unknown
Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected - Red Buttons