Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Gregoire appoints daughter to board
Gov. Chris Gregoire appointed her daughter, Courtney Gregoire, to the board of trustees for Seattle Community Colleges.
Gregoire made the appointment Oct. 29, although it was not announced by the college district until Tuesday.
Governor's spokesman Jason Kelly told The Seattle Times the 33-year-old Gregoire "has more than ample experience."
She is an attorney with Microsoft and has worked as a legislative director in the U.S. Senate and deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Gov. Gregoire also appointed real estate broker Carmen Gayton to the board.
The appointments require state Senate confirmation.