Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 21, 2012
Gregoire appoints daughter to board
Gov. Chris Gregoire appointed her daughter, Courtney Gregoire, to the board of trustees for Seattle Community Colleges.
Gregoire made the appointment Oct. 29, although it was not announced by the college district until Tuesday.
Governor's spokesman Jason Kelly told The Seattle Times the 33-year-old Gregoire "has more than ample experience."
She is an attorney with Microsoft and has worked as a legislative director in the U.S. Senate and deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Gov. Gregoire also appointed real estate broker Carmen Gayton to the board.
The appointments require state Senate confirmation.