Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Tue January 3, 2012
Gregoire to hold news conference on gay marriage
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Gov. Chris Gregoire has invited sponsors of a measure to legalize same-sex marriage in Washington state to Olympia for a Wednesday morning news conference on the issue.
Gregoire spokeswoman Karina Shagren refused to give further details other than that the governor will be "addressing marriage equality."
Lawmakers return to the Capitol on Monday, and Democratic Sen. Ed Murray of Seattle says he expects to introduce a bill to legalize same-sex marriage sometime next week.