Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Gregoire to hold news conference on gay marriage
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Gov. Chris Gregoire has invited sponsors of a measure to legalize same-sex marriage in Washington state to Olympia for a Wednesday morning news conference on the issue.
Gregoire spokeswoman Karina Shagren refused to give further details other than that the governor will be "addressing marriage equality."
Lawmakers return to the Capitol on Monday, and Democratic Sen. Ed Murray of Seattle says he expects to introduce a bill to legalize same-sex marriage sometime next week.