Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue January 3, 2012
Gregoire to hold news conference on gay marriage
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Gov. Chris Gregoire has invited sponsors of a measure to legalize same-sex marriage in Washington state to Olympia for a Wednesday morning news conference on the issue.
Gregoire spokeswoman Karina Shagren refused to give further details other than that the governor will be "addressing marriage equality."
Lawmakers return to the Capitol on Monday, and Democratic Sen. Ed Murray of Seattle says he expects to introduce a bill to legalize same-sex marriage sometime next week.