Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue January 3, 2012
Gregoire to hold news conference on gay marriage
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Gov. Chris Gregoire has invited sponsors of a measure to legalize same-sex marriage in Washington state to Olympia for a Wednesday morning news conference on the issue.
Gregoire spokeswoman Karina Shagren refused to give further details other than that the governor will be "addressing marriage equality."
Lawmakers return to the Capitol on Monday, and Democratic Sen. Ed Murray of Seattle says he expects to introduce a bill to legalize same-sex marriage sometime next week.