Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Mon April 23, 2012
Gregoire signs $1B stimulus plan for Washington
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has approved a $1 billion stimulus plan that seeks to get construction workers back on the job.
Gregoire signed the measure Monday at Tacoma Community College. She talked about the importance of having a robust construction industry in the state and said she expects the measure will create thousands of jobs.
The package includes a geographically diverse group of projects, including economic development efforts, weatherization enhancements and environmental improvements.
The spending plans were approved with broad support in the state Legislature.