Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Gregoire signs $1B stimulus plan for Washington
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has approved a $1 billion stimulus plan that seeks to get construction workers back on the job.
Gregoire signed the measure Monday at Tacoma Community College. She talked about the importance of having a robust construction industry in the state and said she expects the measure will create thousands of jobs.
The package includes a geographically diverse group of projects, including economic development efforts, weatherization enhancements and environmental improvements.
The spending plans were approved with broad support in the state Legislature.