Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Mon April 23, 2012
Gregoire signs $1B stimulus plan for Washington
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has approved a $1 billion stimulus plan that seeks to get construction workers back on the job.
Gregoire signed the measure Monday at Tacoma Community College. She talked about the importance of having a robust construction industry in the state and said she expects the measure will create thousands of jobs.
The package includes a geographically diverse group of projects, including economic development efforts, weatherization enhancements and environmental improvements.
The spending plans were approved with broad support in the state Legislature.