Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Mon April 23, 2012
Gregoire signs $1B stimulus plan for Washington
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire has approved a $1 billion stimulus plan that seeks to get construction workers back on the job.
Gregoire signed the measure Monday at Tacoma Community College. She talked about the importance of having a robust construction industry in the state and said she expects the measure will create thousands of jobs.
The package includes a geographically diverse group of projects, including economic development efforts, weatherization enhancements and environmental improvements.
The spending plans were approved with broad support in the state Legislature.