Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed July 3, 2013
Grind your own homeburger
According to my Food for Thought pard Nancy Leson, the #1 reason to go to all the trouble of home-grinding your own 'burger is because it will taste way better.
Reason #2? It's really not all that much trouble. Plus you'll know exactly what's in it. Which, she suggests, might include bacon or chorizo. Which can never be bad.
Just talking with Nance on this topic got me thinking about retrieving the KitchenAid meat grinder attachment from my Drawer of Forgotten Appliances. When I first tried it out, the process was laborious and the product wasn't really all that great, either. I've just learned that was because I was doing it all wrong.
Nancy has some great tips for grinding your own so I'm going to give it another try. And I'm definitely including the bacon. Maybe the chorizo, too.
"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
– Wimpy J. Wellington