Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Groundbreaking today for Aviation High School in Seattle
Students are adding a high-tech touch to a groundbreaking ceremony Tuesday for a new Aviation High School at the Museum of Flight near Boeing Field at Seattle.
At least five alumni are flying planes to the site, and a student-built robot will help turn the first shovel of dirt. Students also will launch a model rocket.
Aviation High School is part of the Highline School District and has been in temporary locations since it opened in 2004. It attracts students interested in science, technology, engineering and math. The new school should open in 2013.
On the Web: