Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Group pushing pot initiatives in 6 Washington cities
A group that promotes the legalization of marijuana says it will file initiatives in six Washington cities to make pot prosecution the lowest law enforcement priority in those places.
Sensible Washington said Wednesday it would push the initiatives in Spokane, Olympia, Bellingham, Everett, Kent, and Bremerton.
In 2003 Seattle voters passed an initiative making the investigation, arrest and prosecution of marijuana offenses, when the drug was intended for adult personal use, the lowest law enforcement priority.
Voters in Tacoma passed a similar measure last year.