Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Guitarist Lee Ritenour performs live in-studio on KPLU
When Lee came into the KPLU/Jazz24 studios on an unseasonably cool August afternoon, he arrived with a rhythm section hot enough to raise Seattle’s temperature a few degrees: drummer, Will Kennedy and bassist, Melvin Davis. Together, they laid down three delightful tracks; Water’s Edge, L.P.—For Les Paul, and Freddie Hubbard’s composition, Povo (watch the video below).
Along the way, Lee talked with jazz host, Abe Beeson, about his early years as studio guitarist and how the music scene has changed over the course of his career. He also talked about going all over the world and even having a talent contest to get all the guest guitarists he wanted for his latest recording project.