Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
This Is NPR
Tue April 2, 2013
Happy birthday, Carl Kasell
Originally published on Tue April 2, 2013 4:03 am
Perhaps you've heard on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! that Carl Kasell, the show's official judge and scorekeeper, has a few magic tricks up his sleeves. The truth is, we didn't realize the extent of this skill set, until NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour asked fans to post photos of a trending meme on Facebook last week.
With the help of a few NPR staff members, Kasell revealed that he has amassed more power in his 79 years than most could have imagined.
Happy 79th birthday, Carl – you continue to blow us away with each passing year!