Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
This Is NPR
Tue April 2, 2013
Happy birthday, Carl Kasell
Originally published on Tue April 2, 2013 4:03 am
Perhaps you've heard on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! that Carl Kasell, the show's official judge and scorekeeper, has a few magic tricks up his sleeves. The truth is, we didn't realize the extent of this skill set, until NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour asked fans to post photos of a trending meme on Facebook last week.
With the help of a few NPR staff members, Kasell revealed that he has amassed more power in his 79 years than most could have imagined.
Happy 79th birthday, Carl – you continue to blow us away with each passing year!