Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Food for thought
Wed November 27, 2013
It hasn't happened since 1888, and isn't scheduled to recur for about 70,000 years. It's this year's Thanksgivikah—when Thanksgiving and Hanukah occur at the same time. This brings a certain creativity to this year's holiday menu, to which we all contributed.
KPLU traffic reporter Sprince Arbogast who brought this year's holiday mash-up to my attention, suggests marinating your turkey in Manischewitz. Man, oh man, did that strike Nancy as a bad idea.
Bill Whistlecod of the Bar X All-Weiner Butterbloat Turkey Corp explained that there's no dairy with meat problem in their new kosher product because they substitute reduced Three-In-One oil for butter.
And Nancy Leson produced an eight-pack of the perfect holiday libation from the Schmaltz Brewing Co.
Enjoy the holiday, folks. And party like it's 7077.
"After a good dinner one can forgive anybody – even one's own relations."
– Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance