Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Mon July 8, 2013
Hearings on state ferry fare increase
The state Transportation Commission is holding five public hearings on proposed increases in ferry fares.
The first is Monday on board the San Juan Islands inter-island ferry. Others will be Wednesday in Coupeville, Thursday at Vashon Island, July 15 at Bainbridge Island and July 16 at Port Orchard.
The commission plans to make a final decision on fares at its July 30 meeting in Seattle.
The commission says increases of 2 to 3 percent this year and next are needed to meet the revenue targets set by the Legislature.