Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Heightened security at JBLM, Fairchild for 9-11
JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD, Wash. — Visitors to Joint Base Lewis-McChord now have to be sponsored by a Defense Department identification card holder to enter the base near Tacoma.
It's part of increased security that took effect Wednesday at military bases nationally, including Fairchild Air Force Base near Spokane. Officials say it's a precaution for the tenth anniversary of September 11.
JBLM is one of the nation's largest military bases with more than 33,000 active duty personnel.